What database does antmedia use?

Ray Jender

Question

I tailed the ant-media-server.log and noticed some database activity:

2019-06-30 15:41:42,384 [Loader:/WebRTCApp] INFO  i.a.datastore.db.DataStoreFactory - Used Datastore:mapdb app:WebRTCApp db name:webrtcapp
2019-06-30 15:41:42,613 [Loader:/LiveApp] INFO  i.a.datastore.db.DataStoreFactory - Used Datastore:mapdb app:LiveApp db name:liveapp

What kind of database is this and how can I use it?  I need to store the streamID somewhere for the client to access.

Thanks,

Ray

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Hi Ray,

Best regards,

On Sunday, June 30, 2019 at 9:52:14 PM UTC+2, Ray Jender wrote:

2019-06-30 15:41:42,384 [Loader:/WebRTCApp] INFO  i.a.datastore.db.DataStoreFactory - Used Datastore:mapdb app:WebRTCApp db name:webrtcapp
2019-06-30 15:41:42,613 [Loader:/LiveApp] INFO  i.a.datastore.db.DataStoreFactory - Used Datastore:mapdb app:LiveApp db name:liveapp

What kind of database is this and how can I use it?  I need to store the streamID somewhere for the client to access.

Thanks,

Ray

Thanks Murat,

I am disappointed that I cannot use php.  I'd like to use mysql but it looks like it's out of the question.

I know very little about Apache-Tomcat and java and even less about mongo and mapDB.  I understand that mongo is used for clustering
and mapDB for standalone?

I wish I could easily learn mapDB but there is not much information out there.

I am curious why antmedia choose to use java?

Ray

On Sunday, June 30, 2019 at 5:21:34 PM UTC-4, Murat Aydin wrote:
Hi Ray,

Best regards,

Thanks,

Ray

I have no idea how to use either mapDB or Mongo...

Ray

On Sunday, June 30, 2019 at 5:21:34 PM UTC-4, Murat Aydin wrote:
Hi Ray,

Best regards,

Thanks,

Ray