Securing streams

Marc

Question

Hello,

I am going through the alternatives in Stream security docs and I'm a bit confused trying to find what I need:

Is there an option to generate reusable tokens that work more than once and I can cancel anytime via API?
I have been able to try One-time Tokens but, as its name says, they work only once and if stream is restarted they must be regenerated

Thanks!

Marc

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

To expand my own question, what I want to do is an user to be able to play, stop, refresh the page, restart the stream... with the same token and also I want to be able to cancel that token via the API

- I have also tried JWT tokens and apparently they can be reused, but in this case, I didn't find a way to cancel them via API (I can only let them expire)

23 hours ago, Marc said:

To expand my own question, what I want to do is an user to be able to play, stop, refresh the page, restart the stream... with the same token and also I want to be able to cancel that token via the API

- I have also tried JWT tokens and apparently they can be reused, but in this case, I didn't find a way to cancel them via API (I can only let them expire)

Hi Marc,

How are you?

You can generate a new tokenId when you want to discard the existing tokenId. Because as soon as you generate a new tokenId the existing one is overwritten.

There is no direct way to discard or cancel a tokenId with REST API.

So I think you can use JWT token with expire time and create another one when needed to discard existing token.

--

Best Regards,

Mohit Dubey