Regarding Migration of webapps (2.4.3) to latest version 2.5.0 of ams

rahul7827

Question

Hello @Yash

Hope you are doing well these days.

Today i am going to install the AMS version 2.5.0 on new instance of AWS and then will connect my application to the new AMS for compatibility testing.

In the 2.4.3 version I had 7-8 application, So After the fresh installation of version 2.5.0 can we copy the directory of webapp of old version to the new server. So that I would not have to create each application manually and configure them.

Or should i create manually in order the get all the improvement done in 2.5.0.

Suggest the way i should proceed with.

Thank you

Edited by rahul7827
just typo issue

2 answers to this question

Hi @rahul7827
I hope you are also fine.
The following files can be copied from the old server to the new server after you create the applications there:
1. Applications (liveapp.db, for example) and server database (server.db) files in the antmedia directory.
2. Copy the red5-web.properties file from the applications folder.
3. Copy the streams folder for VOD data.

Alternatively, you can create an image of your current running instance and use it to launch a new instance. Then, using the -r true flag, directly upgrade to v2.5.0. In this way you do not have to copy the data from old server to new one.

I hope it helps.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Yash said:

Hi @rahul7827
I hope you are also fine.
The following files can be copied from the old server to the new server after you create the applications there:
1. Applications (liveapp.db, for example) and server database (server.db) files in the antmedia directory.
2. Copy the red5-web.properties file from the applications folder.
3. Copy the streams folder for VOD data.

Alternatively, you can create an image of your current running instance and use it to launch a new instance. Then, using the -r true flag, directly upgrade to v2.5.0. In this way you do not have to copy the data from old server to new one.

I hope it helps.

Will definitely work as always 😊