WebRTCAppEE - player

MontBlanc

Question

8 answers to this question

it doesn't play on an iPhone in Chrome or Safari on iPhone 

I saw there were some CDN's to deliver bits for faster start currently it takes a while to boot in

the code is as follows

<iframe src="https://streamer.example.com:5443/WebRTCAppEE/play.html?id=UQmuNN9L7Qu5166896949&amp;autoplay=true&amp;playOrder=dash" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"><span style="display: inline-block; width: 0px; overflow: hidden; line-height: 0;" data-mce-type="bookmark" class="mce_SELRES_start"> </span></iframe>

also autoplay does not work on Safari on Mac but does in Firefox on Mac

If I switch to a separate tab in my browser the stream slows down and then speeds up when I go back but there is a delay which means if a viewer looks at something else the video stops or has to catch up when they go back.

I am using the standard install - I have also installed videos but not used yet

Edited by MontBlanc

23 minutes ago, usama said:

This is useful : https://developer.chrome.com/blog/autoplay/

BTW
@usama if user did not interacted with the page, the video gets paused. Can we use mouseover event to play the video.

@rahul7827 some browser does not allow to play the video until user has not interacted with the page . but they might support the autoplay if the audio is muted in the video tag. I don't think it might be possible to do that with mouseover without interaction with the page like clicking.

Edited by usama