Server-side Playlist

Tim Owens

Question

Has anyone ever tried to create a server-side playlist or know if this might be possible? We'd like to setup a player which plays live content from one stream if it is live (we'd likely use the API to check if it's live) and if not revert to a second stream which is always live and rotating through pre-recorded content from our VOD stuff. Similar to the LoopUntilLive feature of Wowza. I think we can handle all the browser-side coding to check and swap out iframe content but wasn't sure how to create a stream of content without having a computer running an encoder and broadcasting it. Any idea if this is possible?

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

i dont know what you mean by "how to create a stream of content without having a computer running " this. i think you need to create broadcasting using api or java script.

On Wednesday, April 15, 2020 at 7:37:24 PM UTC+5:30, Tim Owens wrote:
Has anyone ever tried to create a server-side playlist or know if this might be possible? We'd like to setup a player which plays live content from one stream if it is live (we'd likely use the API to check if it's live) and if not revert to a second stream which is always live and rotating through pre-recorded content from our VOD stuff. Similar to the LoopUntilLive feature of Wowza. I think we can handle all the browser-side coding to check and swap out iframe content but wasn't sure how to create a stream of content without having a computer running an encoder and broadcasting it. Any idea if this is possible?