red5-web.properties getting reset when antmedia is restarted

Daniel B

Question

I'm using enterprise edition in cluster mode. I need to make changes in all apps to set:

settings.maxResolutionAccept=1080
tokenHashSecret=hash
settings.hashControlPublishEnabled=true

Every time antmedia restarts all three settings get reset to:

settings.maxResolutionAccept=0
tokenHashSecret=
settings.hashControlPublishEnabled=false

There is only one app that keeps these changes. And on that app when it was first created I made these changes before restarting antmedia. That's the only difference I can see. How can I make these changes stick?

FYI the same thing happens if I change a setting for an app in the admin area so I don't change anything there.

And I see this in the logs when I restart:

2021-02-24 11:25:23,346 [vert.x-eventloop-thread-3] INFO  i.a.enterprise.cluster.TcpCluster - Update settings from cluster for app:APPNAME
2021-02-24 11:25:23,348 [vert.x-eventloop-thread-3] WARN  i.a.AntMediaApplicationAdapter - app settings updated for APPNAME

So where is it updating from?

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

6 answers to this question

Hi Daniel,

Our documents refer to standalone mode by default. You can use Mongo DB GUI(Robo 3T) for your requirements.
Here are the steps:
1- Install Robo 3T.
2- Login MongoDB with your mongo db credentials
3- Double click clustertab/Collections/AppSettings tabs.
4- Select the setting which is you are using. 
5- Change settings what you want.

PS: After changes settings, please update "updateTime" parameter with the current timestamp.

I have attached some details about the GUI. I believe you can do it. 

Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

Best Regards,
Selim

781326495_Screenshotfrom2021-02-2501-47-00.thumb.png.847a62eac1c6a3395a824280286f2143.png

36125274_Screenshotfrom2021-02-2501-50-16.thumb.png.1cf7e436be9f69a731e1bb59a068e5ba.png

1572616925_Screenshotfrom2021-02-2501-54-34.thumb.png.d690477d5230ea4ef7a44cbcbda2a95f.png

Thank you Selim that was very helpful. The last app I added (the one where red5-web.propertiesdoesn't get reset) is not in the database under app settings. It seems to be working as it should. But should I somehow add it to the database? Or if it's not needed can I remove the others so they will use the red5-web.propertiesfiles? I don't know why the last app I added is not in there but liveapp and WebRTCAppEE are also missing.

Ok I understand how it works now. When you save settings in the admin panel it adds/updates the settings in the db for that app. The one app I had that wasn't in the DB wasn't in the DB because I never saved settings in the admin area for that app. I made all the changes I needed in red5-web.properties

Hi Daniel,

Have a good day. 

When you save settings in the admin panel it adds/updates the settings in the db for that app

Absolutely right!

The one app I had that wasn't in the DB wasn't in the DB because I never saved settings in the admin area for that app

Just go Ant Media Server Dashboard Application settings and click save button. After that, please check MongoDB again.

I made all the changes I needed in red5-web.properties

If you add/change settings in Mongo DB settings, no need to change local red5-web.properties file. Server applications get the settings from Mongo DB.

I hope, it's clear.

Best Regards,
Selim